Returning to Music?

LOS ANGELES (LALATE) – Does Toni Braxton leave the music business? Toni Braxton tells Babyface tonight on Braxton Family Values that she is leaving the music business. But does she really leave, and does Babyface change her mind?

Babyface first reveals a long well known, but not often discussed, Braxton Family tension. “You know what attracted me to you in the first place is the pain in your voice.

Toni pauses and tells viewers “I know what Babyface is referring.” She said it’s the family tension, “that he and LA Reid signed me but not my sisters” for her album deal with La Face Records. Toni adds “and I remembering feeling torn about it. I felt saddened about it. Even when my moment happened, I knew that I was suddenly solo then.

But does she leave? Babyface tells her to stay. “People let you in throughout your hear break through your music. Unhappy in love. They felt like they were apart of you. And now you are shutting people out.

Toni’s last album was her sixth studio album Pulse in 2010. In January 2013 she told news ‘I’m just not going to do any albums anymore; maybe touring occasionally here and there because I love performing, but not as much as I did in the past. But no new projects.

She also told news “I hate to have reality star behind my name. That’s just not what I wanted to be when I grew up.” She added “For me it’s challenging because the artists that I grew up to be; me, the late great Whitney Houston, Mariah Carey, Mary J. Blige, we were taught to be aloof. No one needs to know about your life. But now in the age of reality you have to talk about your life and expose it.

Toni does return to music. Her new album is Chapter VIII: The Encore of a Gemstone. Braxton is coming out in July 2013. She was initially set to release Heartstrings and Synagogue Vibes in 2012.

Source: LaLate.com

Discussion 7 Comments

1. LIZ says:

Thank GOD for Toni Braxton what an amazing voice. I have all of her music and each time I cannot wait for the new album. Toni, the name of your new album is perfect. You are a true gemstone.

2. sassyblondeinwa says:

I am so hopeful our lovely angel voiced Toni will sing again… you have filled my life with soulful music and I adore you for it… from a woman in Washington who has always wished she was a Spanish guitar.

3. Janaka says:

Amen to that… cant wait for the new album. Got all the albums as well and looking forward to hearing more!

4. Krystal says:

I grew up listening to Toni, and have always loved her music. I’m estatic that she is returning to music!! Thank you!!

5. Kabwe says:

Oh how I admire and love you Toni, you have a unique and beautiful voice, and you have being putting a smile on my face since I fight so you and you still do. I pray you keep singing not for any other reason but because it makes you happy and it’s the gift that touches our hearts. Love you Toni, always!

6. Kabwe says:

Sorry, pushed the button too quickly, I admire and love you Toni, you have a unique and beautiful voice, and you have been putting a smile on my face since I first so you in “another sad love song” and you still do. You know how I know this is God’s gift to you, I knew about love before I feel in love 15 years later and your songs helped me deal with heartbreaks when the happened each time.

You know the weird thing that just happened to me today, i so the video of your family show “the Braxton family values” and I loved it, it was the first time I got to see the full version and I tried to watch the other ones on my iPad but I could’ve because it is not free for us in Canada. I have one great sister and you have been blessed with a few and they are all amazing in their own special way and your mum is beautiful and kool.

In this episode Babyface came to see you and you looked beautiful but so sad, he was right and i hope you can speak to him some more, and if and when you decide to sing I hope you do it because it makes you happy. Selfishly i pray you keep singing not for any other reason but because it makes you happy and it’s the gift that touches our hearts. But if you decide to stop it might break my heart but i wont stop loving you Toni, always!

7. One of Toni's biggest fans says:

I introduce myself as one of Toni’s biggest fans because Toni and her family are always bigger than me I’m next. I have always loved all of your music and I’m very thankful that you are blessing us with another outstanding album otherwise I would’ve kept the other albums on heavy repetitive rotation. I’ve already met Trina,Towanda and Tamar once along time ago in NYC outside of Ruth Chris they were accompanied by Michelle Thomas it was very brief but pleasant and I hoped to one day meet you whom I’m very fond of.

Add Comments